- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
- Set aside 100g (1/4lb) leaving them whole, and finely chop the remaining mushrooms.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and soften the onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté.
- Pour in the chicken stock, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper then cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the whole mushrooms.
- Pour in the milk and add to the soup.
- Serve the soup in deep plates with a splash of cream, and garnish with parsley.