1kg / 21bs mushrooms
25g / 1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
250ml home-made chicken stock
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
300ml whipping cream
1 bunch flat-leaved parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
- Set aside 100g (1/4lb) leaving them whole, and finely chop the remaining mushrooms.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and soften the onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté.
- Pour in the chicken stock, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper then cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the whole mushrooms.
- Pour in the milk and add to the soup.
- Serve the soup in deep plates with a splash of cream, and garnish with parsley.